The Ataxia-Telangiectasia Family Association AEFAT is a non-profit organization dedicated to disseminating, informing and providing services on all aspects that can improve the quality of life of people with Ataxia-Telangiectasia (A-T) and their families. One of the objectives of AEFAT is to promote research that can contribute to prevent, mitigate and alleviate the effects of the disease, and ultimately, lead to a cure. Within this framework, we open the present call to fund one Research Project on Ataxia-Telangiectasia.
- Applications from anywhere in the World will be considered, although priority will be given to Projects based in Spain and other European countries.
- The duration of the project will be of three years, starting during the first quarter of 2018, for which a maximum of 150,000 ? will be awarded.
- The award will be used to cover the costs of consumables and personnel directly derived from the development of the project, and the costs of disseminating the results obtained in the form of scientific publications and participation in research congresses. The acquisition of equipment or machinery will only be considered exceptionally, and upon appropriate justification. The Grant will not cover indirect costs.
- Research will be carried out in a Centre belonging to a Public Research Body, under the responsibility of a Principal Investigator (PI) that holds a position in the given Institution for the entire duration of the project. The salary of the PI will not be eligible to be covered by the Grant.
- Upon award, the given Institution will be required to sign a collaboration agreement with AEFAT, which will constitute the legal framework for the implementation of the Grant.
- The evaluation and selection of projects will be carried out in two steps:
1. In the initial phase, applicants will be required to submit a brief pre-application form, a template for which can be downloaded here: https://grant.aefat.es/docs/2017_Pre_application_form.docx Pre-applications will need to be received at email@example.com by 15/09/2017.
2. Application. The scientific committee of AEFAT will select a small number of projects, which will be invited to submit a full application. Tentative dates are: 30/10/2017 for notification of selected projects and 15/12/2017 for receipt of full applications. For informative purposes, templates of the full application forms can be found here: https://grant.aefat.es/docs/2017_Full_application_form.docx.
- Evaluation will be based on the scientific quality of the proposals and the contributions of the PI to the field of research, as well as the potential impact of the research (direct or indirect) on possible palliative or curative treatments for A-T.
Enquiries can be submitted to : firstname.lastname@example.org